This is most likely something that just happens when you have hens. We have never seen it before so it was new for us. We got a mini egg. I haven't cracked it open yet. Perhaps the yolk was small for some reason or perhaps one of the chickens great-great grandmother's was a Bantam (kidding :P). We don't know. Reading yesterday I found someone that had gotten an egg with no shell. I'll take mini eggs over blob eggs anyday thank you.
This was our haul for the day. All the rest were normal size.
Here is proof that all the chickens are normal size. We have in an order for about ten more. I'm very excited. These girls have been doing great. I only bought eggs for Easter but we are not eating as many eggs as we normally do. With ten more ladies we will have enough eggs to scramble, fry and boil to our little hearts content. Plus we will have some to share. We are also thinking about rabbits in the next 6 months to a year. If you know anyone that keeps rabbits let me know. I'm looking for New Zealands or Californians. Even if that is not what they keep still put me in touch with them. They may be able to point me in the right direction. I love our little farm.






1 comments:
glad to see they are keeping up the good work! that happened to us a couple of times early on.
Post a Comment