Monday, April 6, 2009

Monsters Vs. Aliens


Well this was fun. We took a not so fun emergency trip to the dentist and made it fun. Right after we went to the pediatric dentist that is only in town once a month we noticed Teagan was getting an abscess above his remaining front tooth. It was suppose to actually fall out three years ago but didn't.

Thursday night Teagan showed me how big it had gotten so we called Friday morning not wanted to go through the weekend and have to make a trip to the emergency room for antibiotics. Last time the regular dentist in the office had us come in and he extracted the tooth. Not this time.

This time they referred us to another pediatric dentist. We were able to get in with them the same day. We thought they would extract the tooth and prescribe some antibiotics since there is no root left to it. Frankly with a pair of pliers I could take it out myself with little fuss.

The office was kid heaven. They have fairy tale murals painted all over the walls, video games and toys in one area and Disney movies playing all the time. We were so impressed. I found myself hoping the dentist and staff were great because I wanted to come here again.

After all the regular paper work they got Teagan in. The exam chairs were all in one room in a line. Each had a TV above it playing a movie. There were a few private rooms that I'm guessing are for extensive work or problem children. They x-rayed Teagan and there again are Ian's teeth just waiting to come in. Same shape and turned the same directions. They are going to look so much alike soon.

The dentist came in to see Teagan and found he has an abscess. Yes that is correct, thank you. It looked better than it did the night before. They prescribed him antibiotics and made another appointment. They want the infection down so they can numb him better. I didn't think it wise to mention that the other tooth he has extracted was not numbed at all. That of course was not done by a pediatric dentist.

So after them giving me an appointment and a card they told me to call anytime 24/7. What? Really? I mean I love the dentist we have for the kids now but like I said he is not even in the area except the day we see him. We certainly don’t have the opportunity to call 24/7. Okay I’m sold. We are going to miss Dr. Jurgenson though. We have one more appointment with him and then we are switching to this office.

Well Teagan had to fast in case they were going to extract the tooth that day so it was time for a good lunch. His other dentist gave him a coupon for a free kid’s meal at Red Robin. When we walked in I got Teagan a balloon and of course he got his crayons and coloring menu. This time Teagan sat on one side and Ian and I sat together on the other. Usually he likes to sit by one of us. It was really a nice opportunity to focus on Teagan. Jade stayed home with Grandma by the way. After lunch Ian and Teagan played games.

We looked at a couple stores then we were off to Walmart to get our $4 prescription. I just love that. I want to strangle those people that kept Walmart from building here with my bare hands. “Friends of Blythe” my butt! Sorry I’m done with that little rant. We of course had a little shopping to do there. We always do.

Luckily Monsters vs. Aliens came out that very day. We drove over to Palm Dessert to see it in 3D. Teagan laughed so much. We did too. It was pretty cute. I got a little bored at the end but that doesn’t say much. I usually avoid movies because I have a hard time sitting there for that long. You would think I’d be skinny not being able to hold still. Unfortunately no.


After the movie we went to Costco and stocked up on some fruits and veggies. Teagan was very excited we were getting artichokes. All and all I thought it would be a pretty yucky day but it turned out to get a really nice day with Teagan. We had fun!

1 comments:

The Pooley Tribe said...

Despite the dental work, that does sound like a lovely day. I'm sure Teagan loved some mom and dad time.