
You know usually I snap tons of pictures of each and every little thing Christmas morning but not this year. This Christmas was a bit different. We really simplified this year. I think in the past I've been too concerned about quantity. I wanted to make sure Teagan had enough things to open to keep him excited. Last year I wrapped up small things like cars and bouncy balls. This year we decided on the things we wanted to get the kids and that was it. I didn't concern myself with the number of gifts whatsoever. It was really nice.
Santa brought Teagan exactly what he wanted. That was the Lego Battle Warship set. Jade got the Little People Nativity. Santa must have known that mommy had been wanting that too. From us the kids got a bounce house. It's totally cute I'll blog about that in a bit. I got Teagan a big stack of Level 1 readers. Jade got a potty that she got to open before Christmas but she thinks it's too special to go in. Besides that family filled in with some really great gifts. Thank you everyone!
Ian and I weren't going to do gifts for each other but then we got a big check in the mail we didn't expect so we got a few things for ourselves. I got a jacket and jeans. Ian has turned me on to Ross shopping. I liked going there before but never really dug through the clothing racks. They have awesome deals. Gotta love a husband that likes to shop. I got American Idol 2 for Xbox 360. Ian got about 3 games. I'm not sure exactly what. I know one was Call of Duty 5. He picked out some yummy smelling cologne and a new shirt (from Ross). We did a few small things in our stockings for each other. 
Ian and I didn't bother to wrap our gifts we picked out. We did fill our stockings. I never noticed that Christmas morning was usually such a circus but this time it was peaceful. We had a mess but we were not overwhelmed with boxes and wrappings. I had a family member ask if we rushed through Christmas morning to get to Christmas breakfast with my family. No we didn't. Not at all. We usually do but not this year. I'm liking this new simple Christmas and there wasn't a single disappointed child. 
Next year I'm going to take it a step further and either bake ahead of time and freeze or give something non-perishable to family and friends. One of my goals for 2009 is to have Christmas done (within reason) by the end of November so we can really take our time enjoying Christmas next year. I'm excited. The marshmallow guns were a big hit. Jade got a little blue dog in her stocking that she just loves. She plays with it everyday. Teagan was so sweet this year reminding us everyday that he knew the real reason we have Christmas, to celebrate Jesus' birthday. That's right sweet boy!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Christmas Morning
Posted by The Teagan Times at 10:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Oh my gosh! I totally didn't take ANY pictures christmas morning at all! Isn't that horrid??? Good job!
Post a Comment