Monday, December 8, 2008

Willie the Jeep


This is so the picture I'm going to pull out when he brings home a serious girlfriend. This was taken a few days before Thanksgiving. Ian and Teagan had some errands to run and then they were going to pick up Teagan's friend Clay. Sweet story about that in a bit. Why the goggles? Well they are to keep the wind and most importantly bugs out of Teagan's eyes. At the ward camp out he saw the guys on their Rhinos putting on goggles. Not swim goggles of course but goggle none the less.

About that story. I called Clay's mom that morning and leave a message. I get a call back but didn't hear the phone. By the time I realized I got a call back the guys are leaving. I call again and leave a message saying basically that Teagan wanted to invite Clay over, they are out in the jeep right now and they might just drive over. I'm pretty sure I said might.

I called Ian to let him know I tried to call but got the machine again. He was over at his parents for quite a while then did something else and went on over to the Reids. Now he has been gone for about an hour and the Reid's home is all the way across town. They drive up and there is Clay waiting outside all smiles. Ian thought it was just lucky that he happened to be outside but it was more than that.

Clay jumps in the jeep and Ian decides he should talk to his parents before just driving off with him. He goes in to talk to Clay's mom and finds out the facts. Clay heard the message I left and was positive that Ian and Teagan were coming to get him so he got ready and waited, and waited and waited. What an awesome kid. How easy would it have been to lose hope or being a little cranky when his friend finally did show up? Nope all smiles. I'm not sure anyone is positive exactly how long he waited outside.

The guys also drove the jeep out to Thanksgiving at Grandma & Grandpa John's. Jade and I drove behind in the car. I just loved the view. I could see Teagan and Ian talking to each other both just looking like there was no better place on earth. Who knew an old army jeep could bring so much joy.

2 comments:

Barnard Family said...

Cute, cute, cute stories. Making memories!

Ruth said...

Isn't Clay so cute? I don't think I've ever seen that boy upset. All those boys that age are lucky to have so many good friends.