Sunday, December 14, 2008

JELL-O

You are going to read this post and then you are going to think back to the cupcake incident and you are going to wonder. Does Mande watch her children? Should we call in some sort of social help for this family. Yes I do really. I would say much more than many moms you know. Not that I'm judging them trust me. I'm just constantly paranoid about something dangerous my kids could get into so they are not usually out of my sight for long. I wish I would relax a little actually. Yet even with my constant worries these things still happen all the time.


I'm in the bedroom doing who knows what. I can't remember now. Jade is with me and then she leaves the room. No biggie. I'll check on her in a minute. Well when I do I find her covered in pudding powder. Okay so you see the discarded pudding boxes next to her. Well that is not what the mess is from. It's from a commercial size bag of pudding. Only marked with Jello Pudding and a brown and white image of pudding. Not appitizing looking and not clear to a little one that can't read.


There was a grocery bag on the counter containing two 3oz. boxes of pudding a box of cake mix and a 28oz. bag of chocolate pudding mix. She pulled it down and must have assumed the big boring looking bag of pudding mix was something good too considering the other boxes had yummy pictures on them. She got it open by piercing the bag with her little fingers. It had 5 puncture wounds.


I took the bag away from her and before I could turn away to get the camera she started licking the ground. Please tell me why every place I live has indoor/outdoor carpeting in the kitchen. I believe it's a curse that follows me. While I snap pictures and laugh she has created a nice pudding puddle on the carpet. Luckily it cleans up pretty easily. Easier than Jade did. She smelled great though.

2 comments:

Barnard Family said...

LOL, that is just classic! I am glad that you took pictures. Fun memories!

. said...

YAY! I finally had time to read about all your happenings...I hope we get to hang out soon and get to know each other. Your family looks like they have tons of fun together.

PS...glad I am not the only one whose child can get into something in a blink of an eye. Warn me if social services is coming...cause they will be here next :)