Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gingerbread Men 2009

I love our little Christmas traditions.  This is one of them.  I have kind of a different  recipe for gingerbread cookies that the kids like a lot.  When I was getting the icing ready I made a tube of it for Ian.  He hadn't planned on doing them with us and then he got really into it.  I'll explain a bit later.

Jade decorating her cookie.  This is just the beginning.  Trust me!

Teagan was so excited to do the cookies this year.

Ian was not as excited and even less excited that I was taking his picture when he had hat head.

See and she isn't done yet.

Still not done.

Here are Ian's cookies.  Going left to right the first is in his underwear.  The second is a guy with a big nose and the third is the HULK comple with muscles and frayed pants.  Yeah he kinda got into it.

Okay left to right and top to bottom.  First you see the Hulk.  Next is my teddy bear cookie.  I thought the kids would get a kick out of that.  Next is my traditional gingerbread man.  After that is a guy I made with a sweater and shoes.  Second row starting on the left is Ian's big nose guy.  The next two are guys that Teagan made up.  That is what he calls them.  They don't have a name.  The next one is Teagan's Santa Claus.  On the last row starting on the left is Ian's gingerbread man that is in his underwear and last but not least is Jade's cookie.  She worked on it the whole time.  The picture does not do justice to the layers of candy and frosting. 

0 comments: