I can't say our Christmas decorations are anything to get excited about but we got them up early and really enjoyed feeling like it was Christmas this year. Teagan and I made the paper chains that went around the tree while watching Avatar The Last Air Bender one evening. My main goal this Christmas was not to be a perfectionist. So when the kids put oranments on the tree I let them be. When Ian was setting up the tree instead of making him move it this way or that I just let it be.
We got out more decorations that I didn't get pictures of. I still had the ones Teagan made in Kindergarten last year. A pinecone tree and in primary be had glue a picture of The Nativity on a plate. Jade was really good about not pulling ornaments off this year. We were very proud of her. She is starting to learn to listen when we tell her not to touch things. Jade's favorite decoration was a gold raindeer basket I have. She would stare at it and touch it. Take things out of it and move it around the house. I would say her next favorite was our Little People Nativity. I can't count how many time I had to hunt down a wiseman or baby Jesus would be there all alone with no parents.
Our stockings. Ian's is furthest to the left. His mom made it. This is the one he used when he was a kid. His name is on the other side of it but we had to turn it so all our toes would be going the same direction. I think my Grandma Pratt made mine. Well it wasn't mine to start with. It was my Grandpa Pratt's. So it is pretty special to me. The kids stockings really have no meaning. They were just picked up here and there when they were needed but they love the goodies they get inside.









0 comments:
Post a Comment