Friday, August 8, 2008

What is there to do in Blythe?


It's hot! It's not just hot. We are used to that. It's nasty hot. Humid, the air seems thick to breathe. We don't like it and we do our best to avoid it right now. We were taking some things out to the trash day before yesterday and Jade was dying to go outside. None of us were really excited about that but she was about to have a coronary and it's not much to ask to be taken out to play. Little did she know there was the danger of exploding into a puff of ash. At least that felt like a real concern.

So we venture out and she drops right at the back door to play with the sidewalk chalk. Normally a fun activity but the cement is hot enough to burn her skin. We finally manage to lure her out to the grass by having Teagan run off with the chalk basket. Or so we think. Next she drops down right at the edge of the patio. Plays in the dirt a bit and then sees the water being let out of the pool. Hmm much more interesting.



While Teagan and Jade were playing in the little bit of mud by the pool they could find I started picking up the yard. Since we have been avoiding going out the yard was getting a little messy and things were dusty and mucky. I got out the hose to start cleaning things off. Teagan asked for the hose about three times before I finally gave it up and I'm glad I did. Here is what they found to do.




I thought we would play on the swings and run around in the sprinklers but I think they had much more fun. Oh and yes Jade sampled some mud pies. She also slipped on the sidewalk and hit her head. My worst nightmare. She was fine after a minute though and ready to run around. She remembered there was a rock garden by the front door so she would run as fast as she could to go check out the pretty river rocks. Teagan built a great dam. It was a fun time. We are going to do it again real soon.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh the magic of mud puddles. I remember that a water line break in our backyard when I was in middle school. My siblings and I played in knee-deep mud for HOURS!

BTW: Thanks for the gel. Troy's feet are looking a lot better (except for the blister that broke, it's still really ugly!)

The Pooley Tribe said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Lucky kids and cute pictures!