Saturday, August 16, 2008

Our Garden

So we started a garden. Do you like what we've grown? Yes I know cabbage patch kids are not real Mande. We decided to go out to play for the evening. We just got a water wiggle that we were all dying to try out. Side note. Water wiggles no longer have tentacles of death. First sadly they spray too close to the ground. Second they now have a protective foam on them. Like a pool noodle only tiny. What is childhood without a few welts from the water wiggle?

The kids quickly got bored with the water wiggle. I decided their daddy had everything well under control so I went to the hammock to read a book. Next thing I hear is Jade squealing with joy. I turn to see her jump up and scream every time Teagan slides down the slide. It was soo cute. I turn back to my book for just a bit.

When I look next both kids are in our garden box flinging dirt. Did they come up with this idea on their own? No I think their daddy started it. My delicate little flower throws herself forward from a sitting position to do a face plant in the soil. On purpose. Several times. This is fun for her. Then she lays back in the dirt. Obviously she must have it all over every square inch of her little body.

Why is brother wearing goggles? Well Jade got over zealous with the dirt throwing and got it in both Teagan's eyes. We flushed out his eyes and then went to the house to find some protective eye wear. They had a blast. Cute suit Jade is wearing right? Well it only took me months to find one in her size and today was the first day she wore it. Now I'm afraid it's ruined. It's in the wash now so we will see but potting soil is not like normal dirt. Basically little tiny pieces of wood are caught between the top and bottom layer of her suit. So if you are heading to Target let me know. We need a new one in 18 months. Definitely worth it though!

0 comments: