
My baby goes to school and I don't like it one bit. I wish I could say I did. I'm sure it will grow on me. Today is day two and it was a little easier but I still had to tell him goodbye three times before I forced myself to walk away. Now more importantly he is perfectly happy going to school. I picked him up yesterday (early) after school and he was a bit upset with me he didn't get to ride the bus. One thing at a time please.
The first day I got up at 6:30 to get myself ready before waking him up. He was a bit groggy but as soon as he heard the word school from my mouth he was up. Ian gave both Teagan and I a blessing. Teagan gave me such a big hug after his. It was so sweet and so what I needed. Ian had to take his truck in to be serviced so we all took Teagan to his first day. At first we felt a little silly about that but then we saw some kids had parents, grandparents and even great aunts there. Five adults to get one small child off to school.
I was comforted to see I was not the only hovering parent. Some kids were crying others clung. Teagan scanned the playground, found some of his friends and he was off. I snapped a picture of them together. We hung out with the parents we knew chatting. Finally they blew the whistle for class to start. The kids lined up and Teagan was looking a bit nervous. Well not for the reason I thought. He was concerned about his backpack so I went and grabbed it for him and gave it to him in line.
Right now his teacher is Mr. Gonzalez who I actually know from early mornings in the gym. I'm not sure he has made that connection yet. The kids have three days of assessments and then they will get their permanent teacher. I actually requested a different teacher because I didn't realise who Mr. Gonzalez was. I would be perfectly happy with any of the Kindergarten teachers there now that I have met them. I don't know that I'll be teacher requesting in the future.
Teagan looked wiped out when I picked him up. He was sweaty and tired. He said he ran on the playground until his legs were tired. Well that is good. He told me about his day. He enjoyed everything they did. He was sad that no one wanted to share any of his lunch. He packed extra to share with his friends. He was a little bothered that everyone called his Joseph all day long. He would say, "My name is Joseph Teagan John but my friends call me Teagan." His teachers continued to call him Joseph. I took care of that today by getting him a new name tag.
For family home evening we played games. I could tell he was really tired because he was getting upset that the operation game was scaring him when it buzzed. I explained that it scares me too and encouraged him to finish the game. He did and he almost won. By the time he got in the bath sister was done and he was upset about that too. So while Daddy was in the other room I let sister get in the tub clothes and all. Well I didn't stop her when she did it. Teagan was happy, Jade was happy, Ian was not but he got over it. It was cute I should have taken a picture. So yeah school!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Teagan's First Day of School
Posted by The Teagan Times at 12:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Good for you brave lady! You survived the first day of school! It sounds like he's doing very well!
Hooray for school! Those three boys are so big!
Post a Comment