Friday, October 29, 2010

Missouri

Gauge and I went to Missouri to visit my grandparents.  They live in Everton about 30 miles out of Springfield.  It was so hard to go without Teagan and Jade.  I had never been away from them for a week.  Frankly I had never been away from Ian for a week since we had been married.  The longest we were ever apart was the hunting trip and that was him leaving not me.  Ian walked Gauge and I to the gate.  I tried really hard not to cry.  I failed.  We talked on the phone while I waited at the gate with Gauge. 

Gauge did great on the flight.  I sat by the engine and he slept most of the flight.
It was comical to watch me try to get the luggage and Gauge in the stroller from place to place.  By myself I would have had just one bag but with Gauge I had a regular suitcase and a huge bag for his carseat and I was trying to push a stoller by myself.  Luckily every where I went somebody felt sorry for me and helped.  Gauge and I got our rental car and started the drive to Everton.  We got in kinda late to my grandparents.  Gauge was so exausted by that time that he cried harder than I had ever seen him cry.  Turns out that he is afraid of animals all animals.  How on earth did I have a child that doesn't like animals?  No idea but it happened.



We had a really nice visit with my grandparents and the rest of my family that lives in the area.  The first day I got to have lunch with my cousin Anthony.  Jackie and Cindy came one evening and we played cards.  That was the first time I met Jackie's kids.  My neice and nephew.  They are so cute!!!  The next evening we went to dinner and then the zoo at night with Jackie and the kids.  They set up a really neat Halloween activity there.  The following day we got to go to lunch with my Uncle Randy, Anthony, Anthony's sweetheart Amy and my Grandparents. 

I was always so busy with Gauge that I had hardly any chance to take pictures.  I wish I had gotten some of the family.  I got a few while Gauge and I were on the way some place or going for a walk.  The pictures below are near my grandparents home.  Missouri is so pretty.



We even checked out the Bass Pro.  I saw a lot of Amish people there.  They are so adorable it's really hard not to stare.  Oh and the camo couch.  How cool is that?  Gauge didn't do as well on the plane right back but we survived.  The poor guy was so tired he didn't know what to do.  Ian, Teagan and Jade greeted me at the airport with roses.  We had dinner and did some shopping then headed home sweet home.  I missed them all soooo much.




0 comments: