That really is the question. All was going well and escrow was closing on September 10th until the house was appraised. It appraised for just about what we offered them in our first offer but it's about $10,000 off of what we are paying once we all came to an agreement. So this may not work. If they are willing to come down all will be well but if not we will move on. We do love the house. It's unique and charming. It's old but that is part of what I love about it. It needs buckets of paint but has all new windows. Whatever will be will be. We've done a lot of praying and we feel very comfortable with whatever happens in this process. I thought I would document things so we remember that house we almost bought or what our house looked like before we made changes to it. Whichever it ends up being.
The living room. I love the windows. All the carpet has been removed. We have a dark brown picked out if things go well.
This would be Jade's room. A wall will be put up about where I'm standing to take the picture. Jade's room would be painted the same green her baby's room was.
Another view of the living room. I'm standing it Jade's room to take this photo. The living room will be yellow. Think of a fuzzy chick color.
The entryway from the living room.
Master bedroom. It's converted from the garage. Needs paint. We were planning on pomegranite red with white trim.
Another view of the master bedroom.
The kitchen. I'm thinking continue the ressessed lighting instead of the awkward light over the sink.
The brick goes to a solid color. Maybe a taupe. The cabinets white and the wall a carribbean blue. I like color!
This is part of the family room. It's too dark to see but the walls are wood. We aren't sure what we think of that yet.
Another view. Our plain was to paint the brick a solid color and then see what we think of the wood once the kitchen and the fireplace was painted. Right now it's all way too busy but I think the brick is contributing to that most. Pretty cool fireplace though. It's bigger than it looks too.
The loft we love! What you are looking at her is the sliding glass door that does to the laundery room. We will replace that with french doors. Also you see the stairs to the loft.
The back of the house. You see the patches of brick and cement on the ground. There used to be a tree in the middle of all that to shade the house. All the brick and cement needs to come out and we want to put a tree there. There are these ones in town that are green all year and have small leaves. I can't remember what they are called but Ian loves them. That is what we would put there. There would still be a nice patio. Also in front of the big windows to the living room are flower beds. I would thinking Birds of Paradise would look awesome there and from the inside it would look like they were growing indoors.
This is the loft. Our plan was for this to be a playroom. The carpet would be replaced. I planned to leave the wood. It has storage a full closet and even a balcony.
Hi Teagan!
The balcony.
The view of the yard from the loft.
Now this is in the laundery room. What we are looking at is another entrance to the loft. We planned to put a ladder here so it can be entered and excited from indoors.
Laundery room. Indoors. Just what I was looking for.
Extra room for a freezer and food storage.
I took this from the road in front of the house to show how far the pool is that we are members of. See the water truck down the street. It's right next to the pool.
Also this shows how close it is to the grocery store. Also it's not far from the park, library or the church. So that's it. Apparently I didn't get a picture of the boys bedroom or either of the bathrooms. They were pretty basic. We will see what happens.




























1 comments:
That is a cute house. I've driven by it and always been intrigued, so it's nice to see what it's like. And it is totally YOU. I really hope it works out for you. The sellers should realize that if that's what it's appraising for they can't expect much more. Good luck!
Oh, and you forgot the most important thing the house is close to . . . me!
Post a Comment