Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cool Girl


Jade was trying on my sunglasses and Daddy took pictures of her.  I thought they were sweet.  What better time to update about Jade.  She is growing up.  She is communicating so much better now.  Jade will say something really funny out of the blue and we will all laugh.  A moment later I will notice that I didn't know those words were even in her vocabulary.  Jade is three years old and thirty pounds.  The swimsuit she wore most of the summer was 18 months.  I have to buy her tankinis whenever possible because that way I can buy the smaller sizes to fit her tiny bottom yet fit her long torso. 

Jade loves pretty dresses, shoes, having her nails painted, lip gloss and will show Daddy how pretty she is whenever I do her hair.  She is all girl in that aspect.  She still loves dirt and mud, animals of every kind, going to the pool and being rowdy with the boys.  She has found a girlfriend that is a lot like her.  Her name is Taylar.  They are about the same age and in nursery together.  It's fun to see her giggle with a girl once in a while.  We need to have Taylar over soon.

Jade lets me read to her now.  Which I love and so does she.  At night instead of stories we sing songs.  Her favorite was Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.  Now she likes Book of Mormon Stories, Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, As I Have Loved You and Happy Birthday.  Jade likes it best when her stuffed animals sing her these songs and dance while they do.  So I hold them by their necks and twirl them around.  She laughs and laughs.  She likes to help me cook whenever possible.  That usually consists of her taking whatever dough I'm working with whether it's bread or cookie dough and working with it a moment and then eating it.

She has started mothering Gauge.  There is only about a 5lb weigh difference between them.  It makes her mothering him somewhat difficult but she trys hard to pick him up and love him and do things for him.  She has also started being really rough with him.  We had a swat and a talk about it the other day when she bit him and left a mark.  I'm having trouble making her understand that he is a baby and not doing things to her on purpose.  She has been nicer since that day.  I think they will be good friends one day.  They play and chase eachother around now.  The squeals and laughing is like music.  I love it!
I love my girl!




0 comments: