
It's pumpkin carving time. We love pumpkin carving every year but apparently we haven't gotten the hang of it yet. We always do it too early so we end up with a moldy pumpkin despite our preventative measures. It's just to hot here even in October. Next year we will carve our pumpkin the day before. Really the pumpkin carving is Ian's job. The past two or three years design and the actually carving have been done by he and Teagan. Last year I made pumpkin seeds while they carved but this year we had a problem with the seeds. They were sprouting. I've never seen seeds sprout inside a pumpkin. It was crazy. Anyway I couldn't roast them if they were growing. So I took care of Gauge and watched. They did a really good job!

Poor Jade. Can you see the red mark on her check? We were watching a video about this little 5 year old boy in Romania that could do all kinds of crazy acro type stuff. Ian had to try it and Jade got kicked in the face. It was horrible. You could hear it and I was so worried she was seriously hurt. I usually try to stay really calm when stuff like this happens because I don't want Ian to feel any worse than he already does but I don't think I did a good job this time. I didn't flip out but I didn't react as well as I would have liked. Luckily it was his tennis shoe and not work boots.

The boys having fun and Jade checking things out.











0 comments:
Post a Comment