It's been a while since I've done any kind of update on the kids. Or any kind of blog period. I miss blogging. I really want to stay consistent with this so we have these memories forever. Soon I'm trying my hand at the Blurb book so we will have this in print(hence the forever comment). Should be fun. About the kids...
About two weeks ago Jade was left at the table to enjoy her chocolate pudding. This happens to be the same chocolate pudding she strung all over the kitchen floor a long time ago. I made some today. Anyway I left her with her snack while I went out with Ian to check on the baby chickens. Ian went in the house and I stayed outside for a while. He came in to find Jade covered in pudding with her arms out standing on the table. When I came in I could hear the bath running. Judging by the mess on the table I didn't have to ask questions. I cleaned up the table and chairs while Ian cleaned up Jade.
That night Teagan prayed that we would all get rest and be healthy and that we would live. Two of our chicks died for no apparent reason so I think that part of the prayer was for the other chicks still living. After prayer he said he didn't want to hear about them dying anymore because it just made him sadder and sadder every time he thought about it.
Jade can now open the fridge by herself. So far she only gets strawberries out but this really could be a big mess waiting to happen. I'm praying she just sticks to fruit until we get a latch. Perhaps it would be smart of me to have some fruit chopped up within easy reach.
Teagan lost another tooth while eating steak at the pool. This time the tooth fairy brought him four quarters and he was very happy. You know because four quarters are way more valuable than a dollar and as Teagan says, "They are still cents.".
Jade has to have her diapers duct taped. Otherwise she will take them off when soiled. A wet diaper is not a problem but the other kind can be. She would take them off every time she went to bed for nap or for the night. Each morning we would wake up to a naked girl and most likely a wet bed. Her beloved blanket would also get wet and had to be forcefully taken to wash it. After I would give it back to her she would smell it. So you know it didn't smell great before.
Teagan is looking forward to summer break. I've promised him swim lessons. I know we are way behind but we got a pool membership this year. In the past we haven't had consistent access to a pool when he was ready to learn. He is nervous and excited to learn. I think once he gets pretty good we will take him to a water park this summer.
I don't know if I've already mentioned this one. This happened about a month ago. We were getting ready to go somewhere with Ian. Ian was switching car seats and Jade was walking around outside. She look really cute in her white top and denim capris. I turned my back for a second and when I looked back I found her in a muddy puddle on her belly attempting to swim. Lovely!
Teagan is so excited to be in first grade. He says after Friday (his Kindergarten graduation) he will be in first grade but he has to take the summer off. I'm so glad he enjoys school. I still don't. I'm so excited for summer and to have him home.
Poor Jade. All her little memories are things she has done. Oh here is one that was done to her. We were in the yard playing one evening last week. I always try to get out the pool cause it's still a little hot. Ian and I were looking at the garden and Teagan yells that Raider took Jade's diaper. Sure enough we look back and she is naked. The dog pulled it off of her. She could care less. She just played in the pool and sandbox naked.
Teagan has started tying his shoes. He says if his teacher wants to do it at school that he will say no and do it himself. One goal for the summer already done.
Here is another one that seems like something Jade did wrong but it was an accident and really funny. Teagan and Jade sit next to each other at the table. They were both having cereal. Jade said something and motioned with her hands with a spoon in her hand full of milk. The milk in the spoon went right into Teagan's ear. Teagan sat there shocked and Ian started laughing. Then they all laughed. What are the odds that it would land right in his ear?
There are a few things for now. I have tons of stuff to catch up on but I need to go through my pictures. More to come.
Friday, June 5, 2009
The Kids
Posted by The Teagan Times at 12:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment