
The are my very favorite rolls right now. I make them 2 or 3 times a week and we (especially the kids) just eat them for snacks. Yummy! I especially love that I get to use my food storage milk for them. I've made rolls (duh!), cinnamon rolls, hamburger buns and donuts with this recipe. Again Yum!
I got this one from Allrecipes:
Sweet Dinner Rolls
INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1/2 cup warm milk
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1/4 cup butter, softened
DIRECTIONS
Place water, milk, egg, 1/3 cup butter, sugar, salt, flour and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough/Knead and First Rise Cycle; press Start.
When cycle finishes, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12 inch circle, spread 1/4 cup softened butter over entire round. Cut each circle into 8 wedges. Roll wedges starting at wide end; roll gently but tightly. Place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Cover with clean kitchen towel and put in a warm place, let rise 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.
Note from Mande: I just pinch the dough of and make little rolls shapes. The wedge thing gets you crescent rolls. I don't know about ungreased. I always use the spray for baking and I put mine in a cake pan. Lastly 400 is too hot. 375 is perfect. Let me know if you make these. :)
Friday, June 5, 2009
New Favorite Rolls
Posted by The Teagan Times at 5:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Holy Cow These Look YUMMY!!!
Sometimes I turn my computer on my blog just to listen to my music!
:0}
They are freakishly good. Mine don't turn out as well as yours though.
This looks delicious! Making bread has always made me nervous, but maybe I will try it
Post a Comment