
Too many times a week I wake up at 3am. It doesn't matter what time I went to bed or if I had a nap that day or not. It just happens. When I wake up at 3am I can almost never get back to sleep. I alternate between laying in bed awake (for an hour at a time) and browsing around on the computer. The above is not a picture at 3am it's much later. Pretty time of morning huh? This morning I decided to do something different. Instead of staying in bed feeling sorry for myself that I can't sleep I got up and got to work. Here is what happened.
Put in a load of laundry
Put my mp3 player on to charge
Got out the iron
Make the mix for German Pancakes
Did the dishes
Did some ironing
Got butter, string cheese and bacon out of the deep freeze
Switched the laundry
Put the pancake in the oven
Cooked some bacon
Started the dough for rolls
Sat the pancake out to cool
Picked up
Cooked some sausage
Cut some melons
Finished the ironing
Set the table
Checked out the sunrise
By this time Teagan woke up. Shortly after that Ian got home from his morning meeting and Jade woke up. So we all had a nice breakfast together. After that it was time to clean up and get ready. Teagan got on the bus and I got to sit around for a bit before I went down for his school's morning assembly. I'm glad it wasn't a normal Wednesday because I'm afraid I would have been a terrible babysitter that day.
I went to Teagan's morning assembly I was presented with a plant in a terracotta pot that all the kids signed. I'll have to get a picture of it. I love it and the best part was Teagan came up and gave it to me. Teagan had on swim trunks for water fun day and asked me about dry clothes that morning but he didn't actually put them in his backpack. Of course I didn't even think of it. So he didn't have his towel, dry clothes or sunblock.
I was so irritated that I completely forgot and we live so far from the school. Luckily I just happened to have an extra pair of trunks, sunblock and a towel in my car that I didn't take out last time we went swimming. Yeah for laziness. I stayed for a bit to see the kids play in the water. Walking out to the pools Teagan fell down (flip flops are not his friend). So he started out hurt which was really sad but he got over it pretty quickly and joined his friends.
We went to pick up Teagan from school but he was invited to Clay's house. That worked out great because I took a really nice nap while Jade did. It was a good Wednesday!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
3 AM
Posted by The Teagan Times at 8:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
well, that's certainly more than I accomplish at 3 in the morning. I'm fascinated by this pancake thing, what the heck is it?
Post a Comment