Saturday, October 11, 2008

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

We had to postpone Teagan's party due to family illness. He was such a sweetheart about it. Ian and I offered to take him to pick out a cake. He always wants a cake from Albertsons but he said he wasn't feeling good. Anytime I'm sick he gets a mysterious sympathetic illness for an hour or so. We decided to at least give him our present. Oh and I'm going to make him a cake tomorrow. Shhh! It's a surprise.


He opened it and was really excited. Ian wanted to get him a bb gun to prepare him for hunting. That way he could start teaching him the proper way to handle a gun and to shoot. Well I don't think teaching him to shoot will be a problem. It must be in his genes. Both Ian and I are not a bad shot and Teagan took to it no problem. They had just gotten started and Ian came in to tell us Teagan got four in a row (meaning targets).


Ian said that Teagan would take a really long time at first to aim. Careful as always. Once he got into it though he was having fun pretending the target was an alligator. Jade and I came out for a bit. Teagan was so happy to show us how good he was. Teagan let me shoot the gun a few times. He was cute running up after I shot to check the new hole that was made in the can. Of course careful, thoughtful Teagan would tell me to put the gun down before he ran up to check.

Now I love the movie A Christmas Carol. It cracks me up so when Ian wanted to get Teagan a Red Rider BB Gun I giggled a little. Ian had not seen the movie until last year and didn't really think it was funny. I guess it's one of those things you acquire a taste for. When Ian suggested the gun after my giggle I said, "But he'll shoot his eye out!". He didn't think that was funny either. It's just not as good when you have to explain the joke. If you have no idea what I'm talking about check this out.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1023352983490450390

4 comments:

The Pooley Tribe said...

I know exactly what you're talking about, and how could Ian not think that movie is funny? It's a classic, I have to watch it every year. I'm glad you guys are all excellent shots, I knew who I'm coming to if I ever become involved in a gun fight.

Ruth said...

Tell Ian he's missed out. Think of all the jokes he probably missed because he hadn't seen "A Christmas Story!" I'm glad he has such a wonderful wife to introduce him to classics in American film.

Barnard Family said...

well, I am a bummer. The movie annoys me more than anything. Being from cleveland we of course had to watch it every year...and even though there are some classic moments I think I just watched it too many times to like it.
I will say that it gives an eiry glimpse into midwest suburban life and reminds me uncanningly of a few neighbors back in Ohio. Creepy!
I will concede however that there are come cult classic moments from the movie, like the "you'll shoot your eye out", tongue stuck to flagpole, and mom over-dressing kids in snowsuits. Classic, but none the less, still creepy!

Sami said...

I agree with Ian, that movie makes it on my stupid list. But for all that, once I saw the name of your post I knew exactly which movie you were talking about. Scott LOVES that movie and wants to watch it every year. He says it's not Christmas without watching the movie.

Cool about the BB gun though. Scott just got out his BB gun that he's had since he was young. His grandfather gave it to him. Everyone has been having fun with that. We can't do too much shooting, being in the middle of a big city and all, but it's still been fun.