Thursday, October 30, 2008

Teagan's Halloween Birthday Party!


Check out the picture of Teagan from his first birthday party. We love a party! Most especially a birthday party! Not just our own but everyone else's too. Your kid having a party? Can we make it? Umm let me think???...Heck yeah! I know some people are not big on parties. I guess we are just big kids. Last year after Teagan's birthday party we asked him what he wanted to do for his next one. His response, "I want to have a Halloween party and everyone can dress up in their costumes!" Yeah I can make that happen! I would love to make that happen!

I used to take a lot of time to hand make really cute birthday invitations for Teagan's parties. With our big family and close friends that means a whole lot of invitations. I decided to do myself a favor and start doing them on the computer. Some clip art and some text adjusting and wha la! Here is Teagan's invitation this year. He loved it! With his approval it was sent off. Another great thing was with life being crazy I was able to just email it as an attachment to those I didn't get it sent to in time.

So the date was set we got the invitations out. We are all set right? Well maybe not. Teagan wanted to invite his whole class and the class next to his to his party. Well gosh that is a whole lot of kids. We already have tons of kids with his cousins and close friends. So we compromised with me taking cupcakes to all his classmates. It worked out perfectly because they were having a pizza party anyway for the two classes he wanted to invite kids from.

I made about 40 cupcakes and took them to the kids. I sat there after passing them out feeling a little yucky and sweating. I passed it off as needing to eat and it just being hot in the classroom. After school Teagan and I stopped off at the store for a few more things for his party. I felt a little unsafe driving home because I felt so bad. I was sure my blood sugar must be at some really bad level. We get home and I make a sandwich. After about 1/4 of it I knew that was not the problem. I sat the sandwich aside and took my temperature. Yep it was high and 5 minutes later it was higher.

I just fell over on the couch and got sicker by the minute. All I could think about was Teagan's party was tomorrow. Then oh my gosh I just took cupcakes to a bunch of kids. Luckily I have some slightly OCD issues that cause me to wash my hands about 50 times when I make things. I simply can't stand anything on my hands so you can imagine what happens when I deal with frosting. Jade had just gotten over a fever but it was coming back and Teagan's temp was slightly higher than usual. There is no way we can invite people over to get the plague from us. I talk to Teagan and he was amazing. He had no problem rescheduling.

The actual party ended up being the 17th. By then everyone was well and Teagan was craving hot dogs. Well good because we are serving hot dogs and chips for his birthday dinner. We had fun preparing for the party. Teagan was such a big help making the goody bags. He really loved doing that because they were a gift for his friends. He made the lollipop ghosts we hung in the trees. Then he and his daddy decorated for the party. They put a skeleton and Frankenstein around the trees, put up streamers, hung the ghosts with fishing line, put out the table covers. They did an awesome job!


We made cupcakes instead of a cake because they are cute and I just love the ease of plopping them on a plate with some ice cream. No cutting, no fuss. Kelsey came over early and was my official sprinkler. Mitchell was my official sprinkle eater. They both did an awesome job. For some reason we didn't get pictures of the cupcakes. It occurred to me six candles on a cupcake could be an issue. I asked Teagan if he wanted a cupcake or small cake. He chose the small cake. No problem. I had some small chocolate cakes in the freezer. Took that out and put the cake together in about ten minutes. It turned out really cute. He especially loved the little spider in the middle. When we lit the candles his spider caught on fire. Teagan got a good laugh from that. We all did.

All the kids were so cute in their costumes. They played for a while. Then we served the food. After they were done eating we started the games. We started with pass the pumpkin which is a variation of hot potato. After that we made mummies. The kids were split into 3 teams. The team that used all their mummy wrap first won. They giggled so much. It was great. The last game was monster dancing which is freeze dancing. Although there was much movement after the music was off no one thought they were out. So I just kept letting them dance like crazy. After the games they all got vampire teeth for their efforts.

The only little hiccup was Teagan not being able to find his light saber to go with his Darth Vader costume. He was so sad. As the party was starting he and I were inside looking every where for it. As soon as he started playing with his friends he forgot all about it. Cute little Raider cheerleader Jade never got any shoes. I tried to put them on her and she was fussing. I got distracted and she ended up bare foot the whole party. Thank you to all those that kept an eye on her, Kelsey, Olivia, Denise. There is an adorable picture of Gracie pushing Jade on the swing. Jade is totally loving it.

Teagan says his favorite part of the party was the presents. Sadly we have no idea who got him what. He had a lot of help opening the presents so the cards got all mixed up. I never saw what came out of what bag. He is loving it all though. Please forgive us if you get a very generic thank you. I hope everyone had as much fun as we did! Happy 6th Birthday Teagan! We love you! Here are the pictures. There are a lot of pictures of other peoples children here so I wanted to point out my blog is not searchable. Only friends and family have the address. I know all the moms there are super easy going but just for peace of mind. If you want me to email you any of these let me know.

1 comments:

B.T.B.B. said...

We're so sorry we missed it. Looks like you all had so much fun!