
Being a Pest Control Advisor has it's perks. For one you have to complete X amount of credit hours every year. It's a continuing education type thing in order to keep your license. It's really kind of a sad little system they have because more often than not Ian ends up listening to lectures that having absolutely nothing to do with his field. So he just files his new knowledge about ornamental shrubbery, golf course maintenance or a pest we will never see in our area under U for useless. Although it's not a total loss. Yeah that doesn't sound like a perk does it. Well here is the perk. These meetings are often in cool places. We went to one not too long ago in Vegas and this last one was at the Disneyland Hotel. We left after church on the 19th and came home on Tuesday. 
We use these trips as a free couples getaway. The room and most of the food is paid for by his work because these meetings are something he is required to do. While he is in meetings I will rest up, go to a movie, shop, explore. I really enjoy the time by myself during the day. Ian is almost always available in the evenings. We will find some place nice for dinner, hit a movie and then enjoy our nice private room the rest of the night. These meetings seem to come along just when we really need them. I had a really hard time leaving the kids this time. We had just been through so much hardship as a family lately I didn't want to part with them but I did knowing my husband has been through a lot as well and could use my full attention for a bit.

We didn't go to Disneyland. Teagan would have missed two days of school. Jade wouldn't have remembered it and we would have had to pull from savings to pay for it. We did get to enjoy downtown disney though. I found it when I was out for a walk. They had so many cool shops. I really only took pictures of the things I thought Teagan would be interested in. At the shop with the airplanes they stopped me and told me I couldn't take pictures. My response, "Seriously?". The lady looked annoyed and pointed to a sign. Oh well I snapped a few before I was tossed out. They had a Sephora where I spent a good part of one afternoon. So many shops the kids would love. I took a lot of pictures at the lego store for Teagan.
I got some pictures of our room. We stayed in the Wonder tower. The room was nice but we've stayed in nicer for a lot less. The details were really the best part though. There were waterfalls and coi ponds right outside our tower. There was a restaurant that was apparently run by Goofy. We were walking by and heard screaming. Then we see Goofy in a chef hat serving food. Too cute! Teagan would have loved the pool. It was Peter Pan themed. There were alligators and Captain Hook's ship with a water slide. We didn't have time to go enjoy it but it looked awesome. Even though the price was higher than I would have liked the location and the little details were pretty cool. I'm sure we will stay there when we do finally take the family to Disneyland. I should start saving now. 
Friday, October 31, 2008
Disneyland Hotel
Posted by The Teagan Times at 2:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Looks like fun. Anything you do to get away is worth it!
That sounds like a lovely get away. You should have taken me with you.
Post a Comment