Our plan for day two was to have the boys hang out and the girls go to something girly. We made arrangements with Aunt Jeannine for Gauge and visited for a bit. Then we went to go see Ian's cousins at their new shop. When we got going that day it was about 11am. We pulled up to Golfland (the boys activity) and I knew there was nothing Jade would rather do than go there. So us girls cancelled our plans and hung out with the boys.
Miniature golf. Apparently I really suck. The kids had a blast though.
So did Ian.
He was keeping score. He later realized it was a waste of time. Especially my score.
Teagan did awesome. He was making all kinds of crazy shots.
Like this one. He made a hole in one by going under the bridge rather than over it.
I think he was amazed too.
Jade pretending to be a dog on the green.
Ian trying to help me out. Still scoring better than me even though he was golfing with my purse. It didn't help my game at all.
Jade really like this one.
It sounded like there were little monks in there chanting.
This guy down here next to the little girl was not at all amused with my lack of skill. Apparently this was serious miniture golf.
Hi!
After golfing we let the kids play in the play area outside. Think McDonald's playland on roids. They played and played while Ian and I relaxed. Then we found Jade laying down on the second level and decided it was time for a nap. I volunteered to drive Jade around to get her a nap and missed out on video games and lazer tag. I was sad. I found a bead store while driving though so I was happy. It was expensive so I was sad again.
Teagan hit a Jackpot. How awesome is that!?
He got all kinds of loot and while getting it he was thoughtful enough to spend what I can imagine was a lot of tickets on gifts for his sister. He got her a wand and crown. She called the wand her wish. He got a really awesome lava lamp for himself and a little candy for both of them.
The track was across the street. When we walked over there was a little girl. She must have been 12 or 13 years old wearing the same crown Jade was. Jade thought that was awesome and was soon her best friend. The girl was really sweet with Jade.
Okay this was serious business. They had so much fun and when I say they I mean Ian. I'm not even sure I need to say anything. The pictures really say it all.
Teagan had fun too. As they were driving around I was looking up kids ATVs for the desert. Someday.
We made a stop at a cheaper bead store where I got like one thing before they kicked me out to close. Then we went tried really hard to get to Jeannine's house. A bunch of the exits were closed and basically everything that could go wrong did. It got to the point we just had to laugh because it seemed there was no way we were going to make it to her house. We visited with Gauge before leaving again. The plan was to take Jeannine the sisters to dinner to thank them for watching the kids for us but it was Valentine's weekend. The wait was crazy with all of us so Renae volunteered to watch the kids while we went. So Jeannine, Rachelle, Ian and I went to Texas roadhouse and waited and waited and waited some more. By the time we got in there we were starved and it was so worth the wait.
The next morning we got up and got ready for church. I thought for sure we were going to be late but we made it with time to spare. We even got there before Jeannine and the girls. Some man sitting behind us made Jade cry. We were all very tired by then and ready for a nap. After church that is just what we did. Ian, Teagan and Gauge went to hang out with the Ruckers while I attempted to get Jade and myself a nap. After four hours of trying to get her to go to sleep I put her in the babys crib and shut the door. She did finally go to sleep but I'm lucky it was during the day or I'm sure the police would have shown up. After our nap we went out to Grandma Rucker's to see everyone. We had dinner there and hung out. Thanks so much for the hospitality.
That night we were absolutely exhausted. I needed a vacation from that vacation. Every night I was getting to bed about 2am and getting up about 6 or 7am. On our last day we just did some shopping. We went to 4 different cities to find a gum kit for Teagan's science fair project. Finally found it. I got some fun stuff for the kids and Ian at Toys R Us and then we went to Carrabas for dinner. It was awesome. Our server was really nice and funny. It was a good trip. We did nothing for a week after because we were all so tired but it was worth it.


























0 comments:
Post a Comment