Rarely and I mean rarely do I leave Jade alone with the baby. I'm sure you can't imagine why I would be worried. I mean what could happen right? This is not the first thing Jade has tried to feed Gauge or even the tenth. She isn't a bad girl. Jade is really just trying to be helpful. She just thinks so differently than Teagan did. She has really no fear or worry. She would make a great dirt bike racer one day. Is a total lack of cause and effect normal for children her age?
So here is the story. I went into the kitchen for a moment to do something while she was watching a video and having a snack and I came back to find this. Now the pictures do not do justice to how much Gauge is enjoying this treat. Luckily they were big pieces. Since there was nothing to worry about I let it go on a bit longer and grabbed the camera. It's much better than the piece of plastic she tried to feed him last week. Here is a transcript of normal life in our home.
Mommy gets up to leave the room. She is leaving three children in the livingroom together. Ages range from 0-7.
Mommy: Teagan I will be right back. Don't let your sister feed anything to the baby.
Teagan: Okay mom.
Teagan takes his usual position. He sits right by the baby on the floor with legs crossed. Mommy leaves the room and calls to Teagan after a moment.
Mommy: Are you watching him Teagan?
Teagan: Yeah.
A moment later...
Teagan: NO JADE!
It's pretty much like that everyday. I get tired just thinking about it.








1 comments:
Lol. That is too funny. You have some crazy kids. When I first looked at the pic I thought it was a lemon slice. That would have been terrible. Poor Gauge.
To answer your question on my blog, I don't know what we'll do with baby two. We'll have the things for either one, so prep won't be a big deal. I think it's pretty unlikely the same thing will happen again due to the anatomical issues I told you about. We've already had one surprise. We may decide one is enough or may go for surprise two. We'll see. Fortunately I don't have to worry about it for a while.
Post a Comment