Teagan really had fun with this. The idea for the project was mine but he was totally on board and worked hard. The got a blue ribbon. I'm confused on exactly what catagory he got first in. I think it was said 1st overall for his grade or something. I don't know. He got a blue ribbon and he is thrilled. When I said we did nothing when we got back from our vacation that wasn't true. We found out Teagan's science fair project was due two days sooner than we thought.
First he did his research. He even took notes. Too cute!
So did Jade.
Washed his hands.
Followed the recipe.
I helped.
Mmmm sugar.
Very happy about the sugar.
Kneaded the ingrediants together.
We rolled it in balls and bam, GUM! Sour watermelon blueberry gum to be exact.
This is what you got if you didn't add the gum base. It was just like the candy Airheads. Basically he learned that gum base makes gum chewy and it no longer comes from trees like it used too (not much of it anyway). It's basically synthetic rubber of unknown origins because gum makers keep their gum base ingrediants secret.
Clay and Teagan with their ribbons. Cute kids!


















0 comments:
Post a Comment