My handsome boys after getting their sunblock on. Ready for a fun day at SeaWorld.
Jade not looking so ready. Poor girl was very tired from the late night the night before.
We went to the Clydesdales first. I loved these horses when I was a kid and I really forgot how big they were. You could tell they wanted attention but the signs with warning about being bitten were enough to keep me from petting through the bars. I think Teagan was very surprised by their size as well. There was one that we could pet. Teagan was very excited to. I took Jade to pet the horse as well. She was so excited about it she couldn't stop petting to take the picture. She kept saying, "Oh cute!".
Atlantis. As soon as we got here Teagan wanted to go on this ride. I looked at it and knowing my son I knew he didn't realise what he was getting into but I said nothing. So the guys waited in the long line to go on the ride while Jade and I walked around.
Aren't these dolphins pretty? I forget their name but it was cute listening to the kids come up and look at them. Almost all of them thought they were baby orcas. So pretty!
Jade loved watching them. I could pull her stroller right up to the glass.
Here are the guys at the end of the ride. Teagan is crying and Ian is talking to him. Teagan was in a pretty grumpy mood after this because the ride scared him so much. I just kept telling him that I was so proud of him. Then he would tell me that he didn't like it and it made him seasick.
Ian and I really liked this section of the park. So did the kids. Our favorite part was the lovely air conditioning and the kids loved the animals.
Teagan loved seeing the polar bear.
This is a different one you could see through a little window.
We stayed here and watched the white whales for the longest time. Boy would I hate to clean that fish tank.
I didn't get a picture but Jade was pressed up against the glass with here whole body. You could tell the whales were loving the attention. One saw Jade and on his next pass he rubbed against the glass right where she was standing. It was cool but shocking considering they are so big. She was thrilled and chatted and yelled about the fish.
I forget the names of each area but this is the one with the sesame street characters. This was Jade's favorite. It was hot and I thought the kids would like to get wet but as you can see below not so much.
Jade only managed to get her toes wet.
Teagan did this maze/playland twice. He loved it. I was a wreck the first time because I was afraid he wouldn't be able to find us when he got off.
Jade spent a lot of time here.
See the little boy in the black shirt attempting to steal a block from a baby. That is who Jade played with most of the time. She would help them stack blocks and he would knock them down. She could have done this all day.
The Shark Encounter area.
Tiny little sharks.
SeaWorld surprisingly doesn't have any big sharks. Not any you would be worried to be in the water with.
The dolphin show was pretty neat. Jade fussed most of the time but she was really tired.
This little girl in front of the whale (I think it's a whale) was such a good sport. Too cute!
Pretty!
This is Rosey the highest jumping dolphin they have.
I loved the landscaping and had to get pictures.
This was at the pond where you could touch starfish and other creatures. I touched a sea cucumber and it was so gross. It felt like a rotten banana. Teagan wasn't willing to touch anything. We went to the 4D sesame street movie right before this and it totally freaked Teagan out. You get sprayed with water during the movie and he lost it. Screaming and saying he wanted to go to the hotel. We could not believe it. We still aren't sure what that was all about. We had a good day with a bad ending (with the whole freaked out six year old in the sesame street movie). We went back to the hotel and went swimming then got ready for bed.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
SeaWorld Day 1
Posted by The Teagan Times at 9:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Looks like so much fun! We love going to sea world. Our favorite show has always been the sea lion and sea otter thing. It cracks us up! It's always great to get away huh? Miss you.
Post a Comment