Saturday, July 18, 2009

Holy Crab!

We started our family vacation a day early. Being pregnant and really tired going up to SeaWorld really early in the morning didn't seem like a lot of fun. So we got our hotel room a day early and headed to San Diego after lunch. So we got checked in then did some shopping. I finally got some new flip flops. Woohoo! The kids got hats and Teagan finally got a watch which he just loves. He would report the time to us every two minutes which was both helpful and annoying.


We went to Joe's crab shack for dinner. Teagan ordered crab legs for his kids meal and Ian and order a pot with crab and shrimp to share. Yum! We were going for the full experience. The kids loved it. We all did. I found that you can starve trying to eat crab with two kids though. Finally Ian started cracking crab for everyone and I got to eat. Sadly everything was cold by then but still good.


Teagan liked the sausage that came with our crab pot.


Jade tried to eat some crab legs too. After a bit of trying she just chewed on the end.


The boys decided to order dessert. Teagan got a crab rice crispy treat he could paint and decorate.


Jade liked the painting. It was fun. Jade loved when the disco ball got turned on and the servers started dancing. It was some variation of the electric slide. We were there for hours. Our server was friendly but too friendly to do his job. We noticed other servers asking him if the food that was up was his as he sat two tables away from us talking. Even with that we still had fun. Luckily Ian did the tip so I'm guessing he got exactly what he deserved. Poor guy.

It was late when we got back to the hotel. I decided not to have a crib brought up for Jade. At home her big girl bed was on order so I thought it would be a good experiment. She took over an hour to go to sleep and kept getting out of bed. By the time she got to sleep I was so tired I was beyond sleeping. It was a really rough first night. About 4am I started wondering if I should just stay at the hotel while Ian and the kids went to SeaWorld. I just couldn't do that though so I got up at 7:30 and we all went to breakfast. I did just fine but that is for another post.

0 comments: