So we dropped off the kids at Cindy's (thank you Cindy) and headed off to Palm Springs. I was so excited. I just couldn't wait to know. We get there on time which I'm also excited about. Then some friends of ours come in and talking to them we find out their appointment is 15 minutes before ours. Dang it! I think we ended up waiting 30 to 45 minutes past our appointment time which is annoying. I'm so glad I didn't drink a ton of water. Kim Kirby was there and I was just admiring her baby girl so that helped the time pass. She is so cute!
We get in there and she notices that they scheduled me early for the ultrasound. I'm 17 weeks. I knew that but they scheduled me so I figured let's give it a shot. She seems about ready to send us home. She explains to me how small a 17 week baby is. Shows me how small and tells me again. Yes, thank you, I get that it's small but it still has parts. Finally she realises we drove from Blythe and I say, "Lets try." So she does. She isn't able to see the important things like the kidney's or the chambers of the heart but the baby is kicking around so I'm not concerned. It's just early and a very old ultrasound machine.
After a bit of looking she passes right by the most important "part" for me that day. I gasp and ask Ian if he saw it. He said he did. Then she announces that it is a BOY and proceeds to get some good pictures of his intimate areas. Even though other things were not clear on the ultrasound that day the little boy parts were very clear. It's just so much more real once you know if it's a boy or a girl. We are very excited. After our appointment Ian and I grabbed some lunch then did some shopping. We went to see Ghosts of Girlfriends Past which was okay. After that we met his parents at Ruth's Chris for dinner. The food was great and we were able to tell them there that we were having a boy.
After dinner we called Teagan. He didn't have much to say over the phone but when we got home he made it clear he wanted a sister. The same thing happened with Jade. He wanted a brother and was not happy about her being a girl. Now he loves her so much he wants another sister. I think he will be very happy with his little brother. We had a little more shopping to do and we headed home. What a day. Dr. Schmitt called me yesterday to reschedule the ultrasound so I get to do this all over. I love peeking at the baby whenever I can so no problem.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Ultrasound Results
Posted by The Teagan Times at 3:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
I'm so happy for you! And I'm glad you got to peek that Saturday! What a major bummer if she didn't do anything. So we're only a week apart cause my due date changed a couple days. FUN!!!!
(Having the girls there did make time go a little faster for us too! Mom I want a drink, her diaper needs changed, Mom I need to go potty! Oh the joys of being a Mommy!)
Post a Comment