

I got my Mother's Day gifts early. Ian gave me tulips when he got back from out of town and Dr. Laura's new book, In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms. He remembered me mentioning it a while ago. I love books but I'm a cheapy. I always get paperback if I buy and I get them as cheap as possible. I really wanted to read this but I was willing to wait until I could get it from the library or used. How thoughtful of him to remember I wanted it. I can't wait to read it.
Teagan gave me a plant. I had been bugging him about what he made me at school. I had seen plants there and figured they were for Mother's Day. He did great though. He didn't once give away the secret. On Thursday I went to pick him up and the plant with his name on it was dry as a bone. Actually almost all of them were. If someone didn't water it now it was going to be dead. Teagan argued with me that only one leaf was dead. We agreed to disagree and sure enough he brought home a different plant the next day for me. 


Aparently the one with just one dead leaf didn't make it. He also gave me a butterfly magnet that was made with his hand prints and a poem. This was on Friday. Sunday night he remembered that he wanted to make me breakfast in bed. I told him he could do it another day and sure enough Monday morning I woke up to frosted flakes. Gosh I love him.
Sunday (actual Mother's day) the Young Women made us chocolate covered strawberries. Yum! Jade made me a gift with her handprint in nursery and gave me some zuchinni bread (Thank you Adena!). After church we took a really long nap because Ian and I were out of town the previous day for the ultrasound and Jade didn't get a nap. Then we went to my parents. I had some belated birthday goodies to give and a plant for Audrey.
After that we went to Ian's parents. We gave his mom a rose bush. Ian's gave me a book on motherhood. It's called, A Mother's Book Of Secrets. Some chapters make me think 5 or more kids is reasonable and some make me think 5 or more is nuts. I'm reading that one now.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Mother's Day 09
Posted by The Teagan Times at 1:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment