Monday, June 7, 2010

Twelve Years


Has it really only been twelve years?  It seems like longer and I mean that in a really good way.  I love this guy.  I know I'm not easy to put up with sometimes but I think he loves me for even that.  We have something really special because we not only love eachother but really like eachother too.  We are friends.  We know eachother inside and out.  We know the good and the bad about eachother and we love both. 

We have evolved.  I married a man that would run from conflict and now I'm married to a man that apprieciates the resolution that comes from it.  He married a woman that really had no idea how to show love and now by learning from his example can show her husband, children and even sometimes her friends what is in her heart.  Our differences are great but I think we envy the differences we see in eachother and we try to emulate them.

I know there is really no one else on this earth I could have this kind of relationship with.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...I think part of our purpose here on this earth was to find eachother again.  Now we are to carry on together growing and teaching for all eternity.  I'm so grateful for this man and all that he does for me and our family.  For the way he loves me and way he makes me love him more and more each day.

This year our anniversary fell on the weekend of Teagan's first recital for his acro class.  We thought of ways to try to squeeze in a celebration but it didn't seem we were honoring eachother enough with a quick celebration so we waited.  This weekend we dropped the kids off at their Grandma and Grandpa John's on Friday afternoon.  Ian had a little work to do and he did that and brought home lunch.  After a late lunch he went to go workout while I got ready for the evening.

We had an awesome relaxing weekend together.  I missed my babies terribly but enjoyed the worry free time I spent with Ian.  The next morning or I should say afternoon we went to Denny's for breakfast before picking up the kids.  As time goes on our life together gets better and better.  I can't wait to see what the future brings.  Love you Ian!

1 comments:

Sheri said...

So awesome!!! Happy 12th!