Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Jade's Dolly


Okay she is just stinkin' cute isn't she?  I was feeling crafty and made her with what I had on hand.  Hence the seriously red hair.  Kinda funny that and lime green are the only colors of yarn I have in the house.  She turned out really well.  I used a stretchy material for her skin which made her head a little wonky and it was my first attempt at embroidery since 7th grade but I'm still pretty proud.  I even embroidered a button and a belly button.  The belly button made Jade laugh and she thought the butt wasn't funny at all. 

Jade loves her.  She sat next to me the whole time I was making her "helping".  Mostly pulling the pins out of my tomatoe and they saying "HEY!" when I would take a pin to use.  It was sweet though.  I think she felt really special helping out.  I have a couple more outfits cut for her that I just need to sew.  Oh I even made her panties.  That was no easy task.  She is only about 10 inches tall so you can imagine how little her underwear was.  That was the challenge with this doll.  The tiny curves made it so I couldn't just zoom on the sewing machine.  I will make a few more of these and then try a bigger one. 

I got the idea because when we were over at Ian's Grandma & Grandpa John's Jade was loving the Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls.  Grandma John was being very patient but they are not play with me type dolls.  It gave me the idea that I could make her a doll though.  I was sick on Sunday but Ian said Jade totally freaked when a sweet little baby girl tried to play with her doll.  So I'm hoping to have time this week to make one for that little girl. 

2 comments:

Ruth said...

You amaze me more every day!

Anonymous said...

I totally LOVE your doll. My daughter Avari is often the inspiration for some awesome craft project. I bet your daughter will someday tell her little girl how you just sat down one day a sewed her up a little doll.