Sunday, November 9, 2008

Finger Picassos

Well I'm not at all a fan of Picasso so let's call them Finger Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres. Seriously have you seen his work? Yes I know that name is far too long. Okay let's just call them adorable. I'm just getting around to posting this now but this actually happened Tuesday the 4th. I really had a hard time sorting through all the pictures of this little cuties. I wanted to post every single one of them.

You gotta love the Hulk shirts. That was a total accident. We showed up at the Pooley's home and Mitchell was wearing a Hulk shirt. Because I know my daughter I grabbed one of her big shirts to wear as a smock which just happened to be Hulk. Her big shirts are shirts that her brother loves but has grown out of so he gives them to Jade. Little did I know the shirt wouldn't be enough. You will see what I mean.

This was Jade's first time finger painting. Kelsey puts the paint out and the kids just sort of look at it. Side note. As she was putting the paints out Mitchell was saying the colors of each one. Brains and good looks. I suggest you keep an eye on that one. The mommys have to get them started and then it's on.

They chatter and paint. We chatter and snap pictures. Mitchell keeps saying Jade's name through the whole process which is too cute. Eventually Mitchell decides it's time to stop painting and picks up the paint. You have to admire his cleaning up skills. Kelsey has him put it back down so Jade can keep painting. Jade is oblivious just painting her little hand.

Jade gets distracted and trys to do a bit of gardening for the Pooleys. Which is code for pulling soil out of the pots and attacking the plants. Cleaning the kids hands and cleaning the dirt up makes for some nice puddles. Jade of course jumps right in. Mitchell likes the idea and splashes around a bit. Jade is not satisfied and sits in it as if it were a swimming pool. I immediately got the image of a little piggy in a puddle.

Needless to say Jade's clothes went home in a bag. After a visit to the garden we went inside and the kids had a bit of lunch. After a few diaper changes and a little bit of playing it's time to go. We really had fun. Also it was a beautiful day so sitting outside enjoying their awesome view of the desert was so nice. So thanks for the walk, the painting, the food and most of all the great company.

2 comments:

The Pooley Tribe said...

Hey, thanks for coming over. We had fun too. Mitchell is still talking about his friend 'Jay'.

Ruth said...

What funny kids!