Thursday, July 19, 2012

Swim Team


Teagan did swim team for the first time this year.  He really didn't want to at first but I coaxed him.  I think I even bribed him.  I did, with legos.  I told him if he made the team I would get him a lego set.  My goal was to make him a really strong swimmer.  He made the team and he got his legos.


As much as we love to hang out at the pool I really thought swim team would be no problem for Teagan.  But it wasn't easy.  Even as he got to be a better swimmer we found he was not at all competitive.  He would casually swim his laps without concern about the people next to him.  We explained that this was a race.  He got a little faster after that.


Here is where I get proud.  Even though it was hard for him.  Even though he came in near last most races.  He NEVER even mentioned quiting.  He just kept going and doing the best he could.  So he ended with the accomplishment of working hard, improving a ton and he has a whole bunch of ribbons to show for it.  This is a great kid.

0 comments: