Friday, December 24, 2010

Family Christmas Eve


Christmas Eve was great this year.  Just relaxing at home and having all the time in the world.  That evening the kids helped collect the presents from all over the house.  We couldn't put them around the tree until the last minute because Gauge would have opened them for us.  They have fun arranging the presents around the tree.  Teagan made a star for the tree this year.  I couldn't find one I was in love with so he made a gold one with glitter.  It's up there but he made it that night so it was still drying and didn't make it all the way to the top of the tree.


We couldn't find our stocking this year.  Can you believe that?  Yeah we still haven't found them.  It's not often things around here get genuinely lost.  I hope we find them because they are pretty special to us but it was kinda fun to be all matchy matchy this year too.  Five stockings.  That is pretty wonderful to me that we started with two and now we have five.


And speaking of those extra stockings.  I usually do new jammies for the kids every year but this year Gauge and Jade had just got new ones the month before and Teagan had plenty already.  So I decided not to buy them just for the sake of tradition.  I'm relaxing about a lot of things and I love it.  Ask if I touched the tree after the kids decorated it?  Not once.  Some ornaments hung on for their lives and I just let them.  It was nice and I'm sure the kids appreciated mommy respecting where they wanted to put them.  The tree turned out great.


So I thought it would be fun to get out the little people nativity and have Daddy read the Christmas story.  The kids really liked it.  It was really funny because Gauge kept trying to steal baby Jesus the whole time.







Milk and cookies for Santa.  Teagan picked the ones he wanted to leave for Santa.

0 comments: