
For opening day of dove hunting I had a doctors appointment. Ian went that morning and I had planned to go to my appointment alone so he could go again later that day. Well I got no sleep the night before. So after trying to put Jade's shirt on Teagan that morning I decided that I wasn't safe to drive alone.
Teagan stayed with Ian's parents while we were out of town for the appointment. I had hoped that he would go out hunting with his grandpa. He didn't after all. I was afraid that he skipped going hunting to sit on his bottom playing computer games. When I asked him about it he said he didn't want to go without his daddy. How sweet is that?
So the next day after school Ian took Teagan hunting. Teagan took his bb gun and shot at the birds that were close. He took the spent shot gun shells and plugged the snake holes. He said he did this while looking for birds. Teagan said he was getting mad at the "tweety birds" because they kept tricking him into thinking they were dove.
One of the birds Ian shot was still alive so he popped off the head. This gave Teagan the idea to make a bird head necklace. No he didn't actually do this but he did bring home a head to show me. I did not let him keep the head but I did let him keep the spine he found.
So it was quite a boys day. I could tell Ian was very proud of what a boys boy Teagan has become.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Dove Hunting 2009
Posted by The Teagan Times at 7:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment