You know I realised looking back I've said next to nothing about this pregnancy. I'm 36 weeks today and scheduled for October 5th. Since our little Gauge will be here in less than a month a figured I should take the opportunity now. We are excited and feeling very anxious to have him here at this point. Ian constantly asks me if I'm having contractions. I finally had to ask him to stop. There are still things to get done which is unusual for me. I'm usually prepared and waiting months before. Not with this guy. His clothes are in the wash right now. I've just been so tired this time around.
The good news is were he to show up tomorrow he does have a set up crib, dresser, and thanks to Kelsey, Adena and Kim clothes. I've not thanked you enough for the gifts. Thank you! Ian took out the broken ceiling fan in his room and put up a pretty light fixture. Ian also put up some of his decorations. We need to put up his quilt still and I need to make curtains. His closet is full of stuff. Half of which doesn't belong to us. So we need to get that clean out and look up in Jade's closet to see what kind of baby stuff we have up there. Hmm now that I have it down it doesn't seem like that much. I just need to get motivated. :)
One thing I can say about this pregnancy is I have had such a love for this little boy from the beginning. Usually during my pregnancies until I can really feel the baby moving it's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that there is really a child in there. I've carried this baby much lower than Teagan or Jade. That makes things different. The bonus is I can breathe. I remember trying to read books to Teagan while pregnant with Jade. I had to take breaks while reading to catch my breath.
I've been far more tired than any other pregnancy but Jade is not much for letting you rest. She started getting up as early as 4:30 in the morning. We are just now able to get her to go back to bed until 6am. If I try to rest on the couch she will pull you by the hand to get her something every few minutes. I've been sick a lot but not morning sickness. Just feeling generally crappy. No cravings except protein. Usually I tolerate something sweet I couldn't tolerate before. With Teagan it was donuts and with Jade it was frosting but no super sweet stuff this time.
Oh but I love the smell of certain things. I have a cleaner called Sol-U-Mel that I would stick up my nose if I could. My face wash and toner I can't get enough of right now either. Something about this pregnancy has me loving the scent of tea tree oil. I always like it but this is kind of unusual. Well one food craving is I've been wanting bubblegum ice cream for over a month. The blue kind with the actual gumballs in it. There is only one place to get it in town and the only time I'm near there is when I go to the gym. You just can't workout and then get ice cream. Seriously that must be illegal in some states. Don't get me wrong I've gained plenty of weight. It's the same amount I've gained every other pregnancy and IT'S A WHOLE LOT. I really can't wait to get this weight off.
Teagan seems to be ready for his brother. He is used to the idea that it's a boy now. He really wanted another sister. When we were having Jade he wanted a brother and look how much he adores her. So I'm not worried one bit. Jade still doesn't seem to really get it. She is not your typical little girl. I think she is like her mommy. I was far more into my hot wheels garage than baby dolls. Although she finally wanted a baby doll a few weeks ago. She had fun with it for about a week but now she is old news. She will play with her every once in a while. Jade is very protective of her baby doll. I'm allowed to touch it but if Teagan trys to she freaks out. I wonder if this will carry over to our real baby.
It looked like I would be able to get out of having a c-section. I learned about VBACs after two c-sections and I had hope. The risk of uterine rupture is only 2% but the hospitals and doctors won't do it. I thought I found a midwife but that didn't work out. So I'm back to having a c-section. I was measuring 38 weeks 4 or 5 weeks ago so perhaps it all worked out just the way it should. I'm really worried about having a c-section because of Jade. She is a high energy little monkey and I was hoping I could avoid being cut open because she is just not going to understand that mommy can't get up every 5 minutes.
We did our shopping for the baby before my last appointment. I've never done that before. I had a shower with Teagan and Jade so to actually have to decide what I needed was weird. Now that I've gone through the clothes we've been given I have a bit more shopping to do. I need to get a pack of gerber sleepers and a few outfits for the first 3 months. Plus I might hit Joann's to make some swaddling blankets. That one they give you at the hospital is perfect weight and size. Why can't you find those at the store? They are always so small.
So there is not too much to do. Ian, Jade and I are all sick right now so that slows me down but I just keep moving forward. I'm going to get the curtains cut here before the day is out. Honestly if nothing else got done and Gauge showed up tomorrow I think we would all be perfectly happy. Although I guess we better get through this cold first. I'm wishing for a little brown haired boy this time. Wish with me will you? All the kids will have dark hair eventually. It would just be fun to have one start out with dark hair. Well I'm off to work.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
David Gauge John
Posted by The Teagan Times at 2:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Im glad to hear things are going well. Good luck with the arrival of your new little man. Cute name too!
Loved the update. I find it funny that you are enjoying the smell of tea tree oil. I can't stand the smell!! I didn't realize that you were so far along. Hang in there!!
Post a Comment