Tuesday, November 30, 2010

College Tour


Teagan got to take a tour of Palo Verde College with CAVA (Califonia Virtual Academies).  First he got some goodies.  A bag from the college with some stuff in it.  He loved this pirate ship that was in the food court.  Being there made me really want to go back to school.  I got to point out to Teagan where I took my history classes and such.  It helped me make a decision.  Although I already graduated from Palo Verde College I'm going to take a class each semester toward Accounting or Psychology.  I still haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up.

They took us around to each of the buildings and showed the kids everything.  Our group was so shy.  Teagan really liked the Lucus Oil building.  They had a wood shop in there where play houses were being built.  In the auto shop he got to get inside a race car.  They had a couple in there.  They also had the Christmas parade float they were working on for the college.  It was a pirate ship of course.  They welded the body of the pirate ship to an actual car rather than having it on a trailer.  It looked like it was going to be really cool.  Teagan couldn't wait to see it in the parade.  After the tour I took Teagan back over to the food court to get an ice cream.  Go Pirates!

0 comments: