Friday, January 30, 2009

Pee Pee On The Potty!


What a big girl Jade is. She went pee in her potty. We got her a potty around Christmas. We intended it to be a gift for her. Lovely I know but she is one. I mean really she would be just as pleased with the box.

About a week before Christmas she was having trouble pooping (Yes TMI). She had removed her diapers several times and I thought maybe she just didn’t want to go in it. So I ran to the garage to get her potty.

I helped her remove her pants and her diaper. When Jade sat down on the potty and I could tell there would be a problem. She kind of leaned back as if it were a fun new chair. A throne if you will.

Then when she made sounds as if she had to go she got off. I put her back on and she got off. Before I could get her back on she pooped on the floor and a little on my pants. The smell was…just…umm…let’s just say not the best. After a carpet scrubbing and a change of pants I swore I could still smell it.

Her majesty loved to sit on the potty but had little interest in using it. She threw snacks and toys in it and pushed it around. Last week I was in the bathroom and I thought it would be a good time to try.

I helped her with her pants and diaper and she sat down and got up and sat down. At some point she went. I’m not sure when but she did it. Of course after that she wanted to play in it but hey let’s just focus on the accomplishment. So Jade is not potty trained by any means but it’s an exciting step.

0 comments: